Must be capable of performing various heavy labor and manual tasks due to the nature of work. Perform tasks involving physical labor at construction sites. May operate hand and power tools of all types and a variety of other equipment and instruments. May clean and prepare sites, dig trenches, clean up rubble, debris and other waste materials. May assist craft workers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to lift up to an estimated 50 pounds.
- Ability to meet weekly attendance requirements, often averaging 8 to 12 hours per day, with normal start and stop times varying with job site needs.
- Ability to meet other attendance requirements, including overtime hours, weekend work, holiday work, night work, and shift assignments as necessary.
- Ability to withstand various environmental conditions, including but not limited to, normal summer outside temperatures with a heat index occasionally in excess of 100 degrees, the combined effect of heat and humidity during outside summer work, possible low winter outside temperature, and routine rain.
- Ability to effectively communicate with other workers at and around job sites.
- Ability to walk and maneuver on even and uneven surfaces at the plant and construction sites.
- Ability to withstand various airborne particles located at outside construction sites, including dust, sand, dirt and pollen.
- Ability to withstand various gasses, vapors and fumes within acceptable OSHA/EPA limits produced by construction equipment, solvents and asphalt located at outside construction sites.
- Ability to perform timely and productive execution of tasks and assignments.
- Ability to withstand loud and continuous noises from various construction equipment within acceptable OSHA limits.
- Ability to work effectively with fellow workers and the public.
- Compliance with safety rules, including the use of personal protective equipment as required.
- Ability to set up barricades and/or traffic control devices to establish lane closures, as necessary.
- Adequate range of motion and ability to perform mechanical duties and other general tasks as assigned, including necessary squatting, bending, stooping, kneeling, walking, lifting, pushing, pulling, and turning as required.
- THIS IS NOT AN ALL INCLUSIVE LISTING OF THE DUTIES.
MARGINAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Attendance at staff and safety meetings.
- Ability to shovel, sweep and perform general “housekeeping” at and around work areas.
- Possession of a valid and current Florida driver’s license.
- Ability to assist in the flagging and signaling of traffic at and around construction sites.